It's funny, I still hear that people think Wylie looks "just like me". Although we share the same brown hair (his natural, mine dyed over a full head of gray hair!), I think we act like family, and it makes us look alike because we act alike. After all, I couldn't have ever created a little dude this handsome, so we know those dashing looks came from his megawatt birthparents. But it's funny how families work- and as he grows- he is more and more "like us" than not.
Just last weekend, we had a fundraiser for work, and one of my co-workers was walking behind Wylie as he dropped something. He said, "ooooh CRAP!", and my co-worker laughed and said, "Man, is he your kid or what?!" He is, in so many ways (good and bad!) just like us. His phrases and dances and silly songs are us. His goofy side is probably equally biological and environmental. His love for motors is probably pretty strongly influenced by Adam.
And then there's his love for tattoos. Before heading to the beach this summer, he asked if I could make him look "just like daddy". Here was my best work!



No comments:
Post a Comment