Friday, July 6, 2012

I forgot to tell you, we had a holly, jolly Christmas!










In glancing over the blog, I realized we were in dire need of an update.  But amazingly, I never posted Christmas pictures (did I?).  So on this 100 degree day, I'm going back to the cold.

Looking at these pictures makes me smile.  I love the holidays.  I love shopping, I love Christmas trees, and I love Wylie in sweaters.  I love Adam in sweaters, but I don't get to pick out his outfits often.

This was the first year Wylie really understood Santa.  He was living in MAJOR anticipation of Santa, and asked (daily) for a guitar from Santa.  Excitedly, we bought him an awesome ukelele (if you see it, call it a guitar, okay?).  We placed it under the tree with a buzz lightyear and woody doll, and Papa and Gigi got him a working train to go around the tree.

At the last minute, he asked for an excavator, so we bought a $5 set of contruction toys that included an excavator.

He ran down the stairs in the morning, opened the excavator first, fell in love, and REFUSED to open the other gifts.  By the time he got to the guitar, he said, "oh, a guitar... want to play excavator?".

He clutched it throughout the rest of the days events at Jeff and Tennelle's, until he got his beloved football helmet.  

He and Addy could NOT be cuter together!

No comments: