I'm not too thrilled with many of the shots taken of me during pregnancy, but this one is especially special to me. Once I switched to weekly OB appointments, Wylie accompanied me. He LOVED these appointments, often marveling at the weekly urine sample routine, and most of all, the "heart beep" of the baby.
One day he said, "Hey Doctor! My mommy peed in a cup for you!".
To which, my OB replied, "that's right- I asked her to".
Wylie said, "Aren't you SO happy she's a good listener?"
These little afternoon visits were so special, and funny, for the two of us, that Wylie started to play doctor in the evenings with me. He would take my blood pressure, weigh me, measure me with Adam's tape measure, and then have me lay down to hear the baby's heart beep.... usually with a can of tuna:)
No comments:
Post a Comment