Friday, May 29, 2009

Almost six weeks:




It is almost impossible to believe that this Sunday, Wylie will be six weeks old! Where did the time go? ! One of the reasons we keep up this blog is because we want it be a living history for Wylie someday- to see what we thought in the very beginning, to help us remember all of the little, funny stories that are often forgotten, and to give life to pictures that might otherwise be jammed in an album on a shelf somewhere. So here are a few of the moments that week six has had to offer:

- Wylie has learned to GRAB things. He often pets his hair to soothe himself at night, but one night, he went from peaceful to screaming at the top of his lungs. We ran in to his crib to find that he had a fistful of his own hair, and could not let go! He looked at us fearfully, hoping we would stop whoever the mean machine was that had a hold of his hair, not noticing he was his own enemy!

- He is smiling now. Real, genuine smiles. Talk about rewarding! The first true smile was this past weekend in the bathtub, he was kicking and splashing in the water, looking around, and all of a sudden, he TRULY noticed Adam's face and gave a one-in-a-million toothless grin. Other things that make him smile are washing his hair and Taylor Swift. We think he may love women's music so much because we know Becca has a beautiful voice. He also seems to get a big kick out of gripping the grass and gripping Comiskey's hair- but luckily she doesn't seem to mind!

- He rolled over! I had to wake Adam up I was so excited! I had just laid him down on his back, and he kicked his legs until he rolled to his stomach!

For fear of turning into one of those new parents, I'll stop there... but I could have never imagined what joy these little moments have brought to our life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah and Adam, wow, he's getting SO big! I love when babies figure out how to smile. Precious! Enjoy :)
xoxoxo
Cousin Jess in Springfield, IL