
I noticed much of our blog is about what's new and exciting in our lives- the holidays, the parties, visitors, adventures.. but not much is about a our regular, day to day life. Understandably (I hope!) our day to day is not so exciting, and usually not so blog-worthy.
But on a night like tonight where I look around our warm house on a -4 degree day (that's right, warm weathered family and friends, it's going to be negative ten tomorrow!) I am thankful for these ordinary nights more than I am most of the vacations, sunny days and adventures combined.
This is what our life is made of, on Thursdays and most other days- eating one of Adam's fabulous homemade dinners, sitting by the fireplace reading (usually Adam would be reading the latest motorcycle or mountain biking magazine, but today it's a textbook for class), and hanging out with our pets. No TV tonight (our true goal is to be the last family in Indy to use rabbit ears for seven scratchy channels!). Just the fire crackling in the background and the click-click-click of Grendel's anxious feet on our hardwood floors. Just Adam and I, and our quiet little life.
It was a VERY stressful day at work, the one where you wonder if you're ever really going to make a difference, and if these kids are going to make it (and if a career like copy repair man might have been more rewarding than social work!). One of those days where I did my absolute best, and I'm still not sure it was enough... but then I walk in the door to Adam, and the dogs, and our cozy surroundings, and breathe a sigh of relief. Are we lucky, or what?
Stay warm tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment