
Adam unfortunately did not take the camera to the beach, so we're left with just a shot of the beach itself, taken by Adam's mancation companion, Ryan. Ryan and Adam were able to spend the week hanging at the beach while Adam was between finals and work.
It turned out to be one of those serendipitous adventures, where Adam had one week to spare, Ryan had the week off, and my fabulous Aunty Paulette had a condo in Naples that she was willing to share with them! I was so jealous not to be along for the adventure, but so happy for Adam- it was a much deserved, relaxing week of guy-time!
Adam called one night while he was there and said that he had been running each morning on the beach (we're training for the Indy Mini-Marathon!), and often saw families at the beach with their babies, building sand castles and running in the waves. He said, "I'm so excited to be able to take Wylie to the beach for the first time, and get him his first set of swim trunks and sun hat and play with him in the sand". I come from such a swimming family, I really look forward to teaching Wylie to swim and enjoying the water with him!
Adam and I have really learned to love the beach from our yearly adventure to St. George Island with Dad and Patti, and just looking at this picture makes me feel more relaxed. Hard to believe that in just 98 days (not that we're counting!), Wylie could be in our arms, and we could be planning his first adventure to St. George or to a relaxing week in Naples when he gets a little older!
As you gaze at this beach picture from just four days ago, it's hard to believe that it's fourteen degrees and snowing here! Wylie will need a variety of snow suits long before he ever needs a swim suit in Indiana!!
7 comments:
I loved that picture , especially today, with 20 degrees, which is cold for Tennessee.
Wylie will definitely be joining a swimming family- I had both Sarah and Jeff in swimming at 6 months with Jeff swimming a YMCA length at 2.5 years old. They both started the swim team at 4. Swimming is a great sport-no dirtly uniforms, little equipment and you're already clean when you get home:)
This summer Wylie will meet the Mullen family in Joliet Illinois , at my Dad's house , with their in-ground pool. He'll meet cousins, aged 2-6 and be doted on by my siblings, spouses, nephews and spouses and his two new cousins, AJ and Addy.
In August he'll spend the week at a lake house in Saugatuck Michigan for a Lezotte family reunion: our four children, spouses and cousins Maddie, age 9, Edward , age 4 and of course Addy and AJ. We try to do this reunion every other year, to ensure we keep strong bonds, despite living a distance a part.
Water seems to be a part of all our trips, so he'll need the suit and sunglasses and but not as much sunscreen , with that Italian skin ! The rest of us are pretty pasty looking.
We'll start him on the "lazy river' at the water slide parks, until we can upgrade him to other slides. I get dibs on teaching him the thrills of water slide parks:)
Love, Mombo
I LOVED the picture of the beach and I am jealous I'M not there! Uncle Gary and I will go down to the condo next week for 3 days. Since every year I take a grandchild in January for that one-on-one experience, this would be my month. Jeremiah is the next one in line, but I guess he's going to wait another year, when he's 7, to go with Grandma. So, I guess I'm taking Grandpa! So far I have taken Dakoda, Elizabeth, Benjamin, Glenna and Gabriella. We are glad that you will be going down to the condo someday with Wylie. Perhaps Adam mentioned that I already have buckets, pails, sand toys and saftey vests in the storage closet for the little ones. I'm sure he will be a regular water boy like all the rest of the family. Everyday we are there we take a long walk together, then your Uncle Gary swims in the gulf and then does laps in the pool. That's HIS tri-athlon. While he's swimming, I read the paper then take a nap. I end my tri-athlon with going out to dinner. I'm sure this is the reason I've gained the extra 6 pounds!:) I have been thinking about all of you, including B. I hope you're all staying warm and healthy. I haven't worked too much this month as I am on reserve and the airlines have not been sending me out on too many flights. So I'm in HOG HEAVEN cooking. So far: Egg plant parmesan, more zuchinni lazagna, my famous cheezy garlic bread (the hint is to dribble a good olive oil on the bread before you "paint" it with melted butter,) then I add my seasonings and grate a combination of fresh romano and a sharp provelone on top. YUMM! I've just used up the last of my homemade pesto. I grew many basil plants last summer and then froze the pesto in ice-cube trays then bagged the little frozen squares for future use. I guess it's time for summer planting again. If only the weather would co-operate! Love Aunty P.
Hello to you both. I am not certain of protocol in this circumstance, so my apologies to you in advance if I somehow violate it in any manner. Once I learned of this blog I have been following it on a daily basis. Naturally much skepticism surrounds the use of such technology - motive perhaps - but nevertheless it appears it has been presented fairly and for that I am grateful. Adoption has two sides - you both know and understand that by know - equally as emotional. Equally filled in reflection and equally filled with tears. This line in your blog really struck home, “Hard to believe that in just 98 days (not that we're counting!), Wylie could be in our arms, and we could be planning his first adventure to St. George or to a relaxing week in Naples when he gets a little older!” Less than 100 days, not that we are all counting. For some of us that really may be all the time we have. There is a phrase that has given me strength in the past,”Let go and let God.” So I will turn to it again for the support I need to get through a difficult time. I will use it here to pray that during these days he shines brightly on us all. I commend you both for allowing everyone such an intimate view of the adoption process and for allowing me a source to dry my tears on the many mornings I have spent reading about your journey. I asked the appropriate party if they would approve of this contact and she, “B,” said, “yes.” I have NOT met either of you in-person. I am “B’s” biological father, one of Wylie’s biological Grandfathers and some of my comments have been expressed on this blog under the name Narnia. I would like to share more with you both, perhaps it is a transfer of wisdom - a “Grandfatherly” duty, or simply therapy, with your approval of course. “B” will inform me of your answer. Finally, God Bless you both and God Bless your family.
Hi there,
I'm so glad that you've written us. We've had contact with B through email, and I'm sure you can imagine what a joy both those emails, and all the comments on the blog have been. B mentioned that you were a writer, and now it all makes perfect sense. Your additions to the blog are beautiful and wise, and we often read and re-read them.
"Let go and let god" hits home with me, that's a phrase that my mom often uses. It's easy to have a "plan" for your life, and become prepared to take numbered steps and put things into order.
Our adoption journey has been filled with our faith, and we have learned so much along the way. We pray for B and G each night and each morning, and we find a lot of comfort in our church and our amazing friends and family. My husband has peace in knowing things are meant to be, and I often find him as an oasis with my nervous, planning energy!
I can't imagine how emotional this journey is for B and G and the rest of your family. We wanted to offer the blog as a place where we could be an open book to our family and yours, to see what our life was like, in an un-mysterious, upbeat way.
I am also working on creating a scrapbook for the baby with the blog entries and comments, B's emails to us, and ours to her, and all of the "fun facts" she has told us about your family along the way. We want Wylie to know his story, and all about ALL of his family. This blog will be a piece of his history.
We would appreciate any wisdom or advice you have to pass along. We have an email address for our adoption specifically, and you're welcome to use that- it's wildwylie@rocketmail.com
Take care!
Sarah and Adam
Hey!!! great to hear from ya
i LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. it makes me so happy every time i read it. It is So filled with Joy. I'm really excited for you and Adam and am glad that your blog allows me to share this experience with you, even though we live far apart!
Yes, i am SO ready for the inauguration. Elizabeth is actually coming into town, so it will be awesome to see her!! Its been forever. Wish you were here too!
love and miss you!
Sarah
Sarah and Adam,
Matt and I are so excited for the both of you! It has been so wonderful having you as friends! We are eagerly awaiting Wylie's arrival and later on Matt and I will be able to get great baby advice when we have a little one too! Enjoy the winter as much as possible, but I am sure you are begging for the spring to be here in many ways!
Love,
Matt and Jamie
Thank you so much to everyone who comments! Our adoption adventure has been such an amazing affirmation of how many FABULOUS friends, family, and supporters we have.
I often read and re-read your notes, and think that there is a true sense of providence to life.
We get to see B and G again in the first week of February, we'll definitely have more news then!
Post a Comment