Many friends of ours who are parents (adoptive or otherwise) sort of bristle at the idea of open adoption. Maybe it's an overwhelming thought, maybe it's intimidating or just too-darn-hard to imagine sharing your child. But look at this dancing. Really look. Is it hard to imagine being open with these guys?
As a kid, I remember being asked by school counselors/teachers/friends if having divorced parents was so hard. I remember saying something like, "eh, not really". I'm thankful that was not my experience. At worst, it was complicated or complex. Holidays were busy and bustling and sometimes tiring. But at its' best, I happened to get an awesome deal- loved by four parents instead of two. Loved by six grandparents and countless cousins instead of just a few. Through a divorce, I landed into a big, messy, fun family. Isn't that lucky?
I love that Wylie is equally lucky- blessed by an adoption made possible by two fiercely brave, loving and selfless souls and ADORED by more family than he can understand. He too has landed into a big, messy, fun family.
If only every kid had a ton of family to do the monster dance.




2 comments:
Great job, Sarah and Adam! love the updates! xoxo
your cuz
soooo cute!
Post a Comment