Wednesday, August 8, 2012
In good hands:
Wylie busted out of his first year of preschool in May, and Mom and Bob came to stay for the summer and kept Wylie three days a week. You're just reading this, so you can't hear the emphasis in my voice when I say, " I LOVE THIS SUMMER ARRANGEMENT!".
I love that Wylie woke up and asked, "is today a Mombo day?" I love that she is teaching him to swim, and that he woke up from his naps and had popsicles on the couch with Bob. I loved meeting Mombo at Starbucks in the morning, and that Bob volunteered at work with me. We ate dinner together, shopped together, and chit-chatted the summer away. Seeing them drive away Monday night, knowing they were headed back to Tennessee for the winter months made my heart ache. In the words of Grumpy Gloria (do you know this book?), I feel out of sorts, sad, and lumpy.
But we do have our photos, our memories and a date on the calendar for their next visit. And yes, yoyo IS wearing underpants on her head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment