Monday, May 7, 2012

Hoppy Easter!


I love holidays. In the field of social work, I am very aware of how painful holidays can be for so many people. I'm so thankful that is not the case for us- how fortunate. I love Easter because it's so fresh and bright. Love Easter dresses, love tulips, and love dyed eggs. Most of all, I love that our tradition with the kids is to spend Easter with my Grandma and Adam's family on Black Road.

My grandma is the sort of hostess that could give Martha Stewart a run for her money. She is detailed, meticulous, and polished and presentable. My sort of entertaining, as described best by my sister-in-law, is "carnival style". I love Grandma's charm, her poise, and her manners. I love the themed meals and golden eggs. I really hope my kids can pick up on the finesse of a dinner where we do not say, "you CANNOT HAVE ICE CREAM unless you leave your underwear on!!!"

If they do, I'll have Grandma to thank for it.

Adam's parents joined us and Adam's brothers were the Easter bunnies, distributing eggs through the yard. Uncle Brad, as always, was a crowd favorite with the kids. Sporting a new lip piercing, our favorite quote of the day was from Addy- who said, "oh, I just Yove Uncle Brad with that thing in his Yip!".

No comments: