
A few weeks ago, Adam was reading to Wylie before bed. He was reading, "Tell me again about the night I was born". It's a book about adoption by Jamie Lee Curtis (who happens to be an adoptive mother).
At the end of the book, Wylie said, "Daddy, thank you for adopting me".
Cue the tears. Adam said, "oh, you're so welcome Wylie, we are so thankful we adopted you. We love you so much."
Blubbering and wiping tears from my eyes from the other room as I fed Alida, I thought..... " thank us?".... oh boy. It should be "thank YOU Wylie, for changing my life. Thank YOU for being the child I wanted more than anything in the world. Thank YOU for being the son that any parent would love to have. Thank you for giving us the most important and rewarding job we could ever have. Thank you for being the center of our universe, our stories, our history and our home.
And, let us never, ever forget... thank you, Becca and Garrett. This little moment in our life, and thousands of others, would have never happened without you.
No comments:
Post a Comment