Mom and Bob came to visit earlier this month, and we had a great time, as always, just hanging with the babies. One of the highlights of the trip was an early morning trip to the park- see our favorite photos.
I feel so blessed that Adam and I have so many wonderful parents in our life (6 total!). I am thankful for their energy and enthusiasm about their jobs as grandparents and parents- and I am so appreciative of the places they will hold in Wylie's heart, and vice-versa.
As a kid, I had six living grandparents (if you're part of a blended family, too, you can do the math!), and I have wonderful memories of my time with each of them. I had no idea how much fun it was going to be to watch Wylie bask in the attention of six of his own grandparents. And I didn't know how fun it would be to see our parents as grandparents.
There are some things that Adam and I feel like people never told you about parenting.... for example, WHO KNEW that 5:45am would be our new, permanent wake-up schedule (AND that Wylie does not recognize Saturdays and Sundays!)???? All I can say is that we are ritualistic coffee drinkers these days. And, little did I know that I would share every cold that Wylie has with him, in more ways than one.
BUT, no one tells you some of these neat things either, that having a child makes you appreciate your own parents in a way you didn't know you could. And seeing them squeeze these babies is just a reminder that they once felt that way about us, long before we become mean teenagers or young adults who wandered about. No one can describe how special it is that grandparents love every little detail about the babies, and hang on hearing their latest "tricks" as papa says.
So, we take the 5:45am wake-up calls, and the stuffy noses in stride, taking comfort in the fact that the park is open at dawn (and believe me, we are often pulling up at dawn!) and that grandparents are just a phone call away.
1 comment:
To add to the "grandparent" - can you believe it? - Dad and I get an email saying there is a new post and we can hardly wait to log on and see the new picturers and new adventures of our wonderful extended family. We are always thrilled to see both babies together and cherish seeing them with a set of grandparents (although deep down we wish it were us but are thrilled to see them with Mom and Bobbo) Dad is happy he made mention in the post! Keep posting as we can hardly believe how much they are changing and how FAST. Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away but to me it feels like FOREVER!
Lov to all and I'm THRILLED to be one of MANY Grammas or GiGI who loves them with all my heart.
Post a Comment