Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A quick break between trips for a wedding of a dear friend!



Natalie's wedding happened on the Saturday between our two Florida adventures, so after arriving in Orlando, I took off for Indy for the day, and Adam and Wylie stayed back to hang with Mom and Bob and company.

Natalie's wedding was well worth the trip, of course. I was her babysitter from when she was four until she grew out of having a babysitter, and there is no better way to describe her than as my little sister. She is very dear to me, and was a bridesmaid in our wedding.

Watching her dance with David after the "I do's" made me a teary eyed mess. I remember the first day she got on the school bus when her backpack was bigger than she was. I remember when she got her first glasses, lost her front tooth, and went to her first school dance. I remember her graduation party, her first year of college, and her trips to Indy for shoe shopping. And now I will always remember the first time I saw her as someone's wife, the first day of the rest of their life.

Like Bob always says, there is a short list of things that really matter. Weddings matter to me... every wedding reminds me of our wedding, the first day of our life as a family. And come on, what girl doesn't love wedding dresses and an excuse to cry at someone else's romance and joy?

Congrats Natalie and David!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will never forget YOUR wedding, my dear dear friend and forever roommate. What an incredible day - and what a journey!! I hope we find the time to make our journeys cross paths sometime again very very soon.

I miss you much, but love keeping up with you here.


Love love love you,
E