Monday, August 10, 2009

We are so behind!!









We're pretty behind on blogging, but we've had a B-U-S-Y summer! Wylie is growing and changing so quickly, it's unbelievable. He's recently started to laugh, which MELTS MY HEART, and he all of a sudden has become fascinated with watching the dogs walk across the room as his vision continues to improve. He's also picked up a cough for attention, which is hysterical. He'll cough, which, of course, makes you react QUICKLY, and then once you jump to the occasion, he laughs. We love it! Talk about the simple things, right?

In the last weekend of July, we had the Mullen Family Reunion at Grandma Shirley and Steve's house. Wylie didn't get a chance to get in the pool THIS time, but he'll definitely be up for a swim next year:) Meanwhile, we had a great time catching up with the rest of the Mullen clan, and of course, everyone loved getting a chance to hold Wylie. Who wouldn't?!

The pool has so many fond memories for me- it was where we swam our summers away as kids, where Grandpa Wylie taught me all about airplanes and adventures, where my high school girlfriends tried their best at getting a summer tan, and where my camp buddies found oasis in our 48 hours off on the weekends. Grandma and Grandpa were the most fun and gracious hosts- offering up their pool, their home, and their fridge to whomever was hungry. In the kitchen of the happy house, there is a sign that I love (it's in spanish, so I might need the Garcia's to quote it EXACTLY), but it says, "Good food, Health, and Wealth, and the time to enjoy them all". I can see the little sign from Spain as clear as day, and it embodied what my grandpa really strived for- a life of family fun and adventure. I hope I remember all of those little things to share with Wylie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has gotten SO big since our July 4th visit. Labor day is not soon enough. Dad and I are so afraid he won't remember us. WE HAVE GOT TO look into Skype so he can see us more often than only when we come up. It's amazing how much babies change so quickly. Can't WAIT to get my hands on him.

Lov U
Gramma GiGi

Pam said...

As much as I want to see more pictures and read more blogs I sure understand how busy life is right now. This is such a fun time of life. Wylie has started to be responsive and smiley and he is not yet independently mobile. Busier days are a coming!

Anonymous said...

Wylie is so cute! He has a great smile :) I love looking at pictures.

Hope your summer is still going great!
Jamie