Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Welcome Home Wylie!





After a very long few days, sweet Wylie is home! We can hardly believe it!

We were able to see B and G when we went to the hospital, and there was not a dry eye in the room. We are humbled and honored and amazed at the gift that they have given us in Wylie. He is beyond our wildest dreams. He is perfectly perfect, and healthy as can be. He has B's hair and her great chin, and definitely has G's eyes. We think he's awfully handsome, too.

We will continue to say a prayer for B and G each morning when we wake up to Wylie, and each night when we put him to sleep. Without them, we would not be parents today.

Pictures from top to bottom:

1- A brand new mom, I never thought a title could sound so amazing.

2- Grandma Mombo with Wylie

3- The first night we found out about Wylie's birth, it was just a quiet night at home. We told our neighbor, Heidi, "it just feels like after all this waiting, we should have a parade or something!". So, here is our parade:) As we pulled in the drive, the kids came FLYING to see Wylie for the first time. They ran up the steps and were thrilled to see their new playmate- although, I don't think they realize that it's going to be a LONG time before he's out riding bikes!

4- My handsome husband and his son. We fight over who gets to hold him... right now, Adam's winning:)


I cannot say thank you enough to ALL of our friends and family who have been right there with us, through the long wait, teary phone calls, and sleepless nights. You know who you are. We love you.

6 comments:

Maddie said...

What a nice head of dark hair! He looks like his Garcia cousins! We are so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Sarah & Adam -

For months my words have been silenced - out of a respect for a daughter who asked me to refrain from contacting you - but not my prayers. You know those words you say at night when you are alone, at the edge of your bed, hoping that nobody will hear you except the one who truly counts, God. “Please God give Rebecca the strength of your wisdom, she is only 18, she is my child God and I love her more than life itself. Give her the knowledge of a lifetime, to make the decision of one - What is best for the life you have blessed us with? “
When I heard she was at the hospital and in labor (Saturday afternoon), like any father, I wished I could have taken the pain from her, and like any father, prayed for her that the discomfort from this exhausting circumstance does not endure a lifetime. She is still so very young, trusting and naive of some of the ways of the world.
I fell apart on that day - tears of joy, fear, sadness and hope, filled my heart. I actually felt blessed, worried, guilty and then I remembered the pictures of the both of you and how much love exists in your eyes. I have stared at those photographs for months and for the first time I felt confident. Some of the feelings dissipated even more upon the successful birth of a Grandson on Sunday. He and my daughter are both safe now, thank you God!
During this period you have sat patiently on the outside looking in - you have shared your home, family and thoughts and we have become a part of you - now it is our turn. As you have done with us, we must now do for you - award you the utmost respect, which you truly deserve. Yes, not a single day shall pass that this side of the glass won’t wonder how you are doing and if every whimper of a young child is being painstakingly cared for. But we know now, in our hearts, that it will be and that he is fine.
This process has been hard on us all - I just can’t imagine how difficult it has been for B & G and for the both of you. But I also know the emotional roller coaster will continue and we will need additional support from the parties above - please don’t leave us yet God. I am hopeful that the wonderful life we have been given will forever unite our families and that no member forget the tremendous sacrifice we all must endure.
It will be our turn now to put Holiday gifts beneath our tree, not for just a precious baby boy, but for the both of you. We are so grateful God has brought your wonderful family into our lives, and as tears fill my keyboard, let me send my heartfelt appreciation to you both and best wishes on your journey - May God Bless You and Wylie.


Rebecca’s father

Anonymous said...

Matt and I could not be more happy for the THREE of you now. We look forward to meeting little Wylie and spending time getting to know him. You two will be the best parents!

Jamie & Matt

Anonymous said...

I have never felt so far away. I can barely see through the tears. What an amazing little boy. What amazing parents. And what an amazing grandfather.

God is good. And he's good all the time.

I love you all,
Aunt E

Sarah and Adam said...

Thank you for your kind notes- everyone!

Sister- He ABSOLUTELY looks like a Garcia! He and AJ may look like brothers:)

E- you ARE far away, Wylie is ready to meet his Aunt E!!

Jamie- we cannot wait for you guys to get the chance to hold him- he has Matt's hair!

And to B's father, your letter is BEAUTIFUL, and I am absolutely looking forward to the book. Our families are intertwined now, in the lovely gift only adoption and B and G could give us. B said that we felt like extended family, and that couldn't be more true for this side, either. Our family loves yours in a way that melts my heart- they're still praying for B and G with the same passion as before, with grateful hearts.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful letter from Rebecca's Dad.Through out this journey ,that has really just begun, I have tried to put myself in each person's place. I am in awe of the maturity and strength of purpose of your extended family . What a difficult decision, that leaves each person touched in a different way. How blessed Wylie is, to come from a family of love into another family of love. I have prayed each day for your family, as well as Garrett and Becca, praying for wisdom, peace, and of course a short easy delivery, which didn't quite happen. As I watched each hour pass after his birth, I thought how amazing it would be to know how many eyes and hearts were following the clock as well. The internet and this blog allowed the extended families and loved ones and friends to join in following this magical choice.
Walking into Sarah and Adam's home and seeing the peace and wonder on their faces as they held Wylie, said it all.God has a plan for each of us and I believe he has amazing plans for each of these young couples and this child they will always share in love.
Thank you for raising such a mature, selfless young woman.
Sarah's Mom
PS
You MUST be a professional writer...if not, think about that as a career :)