Friday, April 10, 2009

Weekend with Dad and Patti:





A few of you may know, I dropped my iphone in the toilet last week, and it has basically cut me off from communication! I feel like I've been living on an alternate planet, and conversely, feel a little sad that like my Diet Coke, my iphone might be something I am unable to live without! Living without my iphone has slowed down my blogging, so I'll have to catch up!

Last weekend, Dad and Patti came to visit to see our lovely niece Addy for the first time. We had a really neat experience of getting to have my dad all to ourselves on Friday night (Patti had to drive in Saturday morning). It had been a long time since we had seen my Dad without Patti (and even though we missed her) and we had a really good time taking him out on the town and showing a little more of our Indy life. We took him for a walk in the neighborhood with the dogs, to see sweet Addy of course, him to a gallery opening of our friend, Casey, and then out to Acapulco Joe's downtown. Patti joined us Saturday and we had a great time visiting Addy. Dad had bought Jeff and Tennelle some great rocking chairs for a housewarming gift, but as luck would have it, they come in one thousand pieces, so Adam and Jeff had a big project on their hands! Sitting on Jeff and Tennelle's sunny porch, laughing with our family, was picture perfect. I am immensely grateful for our six block walk to Jeff and Tennelle's- it's one of this year's best blessings.

Check out the pictures- Dad and Patti are so excited to be grandparents for the first time! Dad was so excited, in fact, that he bought the babies first bike helmets:)

On Sunday, Patti spent the day with Adam and I, so we were able to have her to ourselves, which was great!

No comments: