This afternoon, we received an email from Renee, the head of adoption at St. E's. She stated that B and G, the birth parents, were very excited to meet us, and that they wanted to meet November 13th. November 13th?! So soon! We're obviously over-the-moon excited, but nervous that they'll like us, and entrust us with their precious, indescribably selfless gift. Are we what our scrapbook says we are? Are we enough for her?
We received B and G's health forms and questionnaires, and they're both perfectly healthy. B is 17 and in high school, and when asked why she chose adoption for her soon-to-be baby, she stated, " I will always love my baby, but I know that the best for the baby is to live with a family who can give it everything it needs". So brave. I've found myself thinking of me at 17, and whether or not I would have the strength to make her choice. I hope I would. Seeing B's handwriting on the page made her so real to me, more real than the phone call from St. E's.
The last week of March is NOT far away, so we're already trying to think of plans for childcare and researching cloth diapers. Waiting with no information was so hard, but I imagine this wait will be equally hard, with some toe tapping excitement as well.
We'll keep you posted after our visit on the 13th!!
6 comments:
B and G are going to adore ya'll. Like the rest of us, they are going to know they will never meet better people and will rest peacefully knowing you and adam are the most amazing parents anyone could ever ask for! Thanks for keeping us updated, I am sending any good vibe I can find your way! :) Love ya'll! Z
I am so glad you guys decided to blog about this. I dont get to catch up with you both as much as I would like. This family is going to love the pieces out of you both. You and Adam are going to be AMAZING parents! Miss you! Love you!
Kristen
I am overwhelmed with excitement and can't wait to talk all about it on your birthday weekend in Nashville!!! I am so excited to be a part of your baby's life. This is so AWESOME!!!!
Love you,
E
Sarah and Adam, I know that tomorrow is your big day, meeting B and G! I know you all are nervous...but just know that Garrett and I are praying for you! Lisa
Sarah and Adam,
Warm wishes are sent your way on this special day! You two are simply wonderful and anyone who gives you two even a glance will know and feel your sincerity and genuine nature. God Bless you two, B and G and of course, God's gift ~ the baby!
Lots of love and prayers today!
Megan and Dan
Post a Comment